价值$20美金的时间(USD 20 Worth of Time)
一位爸爸下班回家很晚了,很累并有点烦,发现他五岁的儿子靠在门旁等他。
(A man came home from work late, tired and irritated,to find his 5-year old son waiting for him at the door.)
爸爸我可以问你一个问题吗?
(“Daddy,may I ask you a questioun?")
“当然可以。什么问题?”父亲回答。
("Yes sure. what is it?" replied the man)
爸你一小时可以赚多少钱?
("Daddy,how much do you make an hour?")
这与你无关,你为什么要问这个问题?父亲生气的说着
("That's non of your business. why do you ask such a thing?")
我只是想知道,请你告诉我你一小时赚多少钱?小孩哀求着
("I just want to know, pleses tell me ,how much do you make an hour?" pleaded to little boy)
假如你一定要知道的话,我一小时赚20块美金
(“If you must know,I make $20 an hour")
喔!小孩低着头这样回答,小孩跟着说:爸,可以借我10块美金吗?
("Oh" the little boy replied,with his head down,looking up.he said,"Dad,may I please borrow $10?")
如果你问这个问题只是要借钱去买毫无意义的玩具或东西的话,给我回到你的房间并上床好好想想为什么你会这么自私?我每天长时间辛苦工作着,没时间和你玩小孩子的游戏。
(The father was farious , "if theonly reason you asked that is so you can borrow some money to buy a silly toy or some other nonsense,then ou march yourself straight to your room and go to bed. think about why you are being so selifish "I work long hard hours everyday and don't have time for such this childish behavior.")
孩子安静地回自己房并关上门
(The little boy quietly went to his room and shut the door)
这位父亲坐下来还对小孩的问题生气
(The man sat down and started to get even angrier about the little boy's questions)
他怎么敢只为了钱而问这个问题?
(How dare he ask such questionsonly to get some money?)
约一小时后,他平静下来了,开始想着他可能对孩子太凶了
(After about an hour or so, the had calmed down,and started to think hey may have been a little hard on his son)
或许他应该用那10块美金买小孩真正想要的,也不常常要钱用
(Maybe there was something he really needed to buy with that $10 and he really didn't ask for money very often)
父亲走到小孩的房门并打开门
(The man want to the door of the little boy's room and opened the door)
你睡了吗孩子?他问着
(Are you alsleep,son?" he asked)
爸,我还没睡,我还醒着。小孩回答着
No daddy, I'm wake" replied the boy
我想过了,我刚刚对你可能太凶了,父亲说着
(I've been thinking maybe I was to hard on you earlier asid the man
我将 今天的闷气都爆发出来了,这是你要的$10块美金
("It's been a long devy and I took out my aggravation on you Here's the $10 you asked for "
小孩笑着坐直了起来,爸,谢谢你!小孩叫着
The little boy sat straight up smiling ."oh"thank you daddy!" he yelled.
接着小孩从枕边下拿出一些被弄皱了的钞票
(Then reaching under his pillow he pulled out some crumpled up bills.)
这父亲看到小孩有钱了,快要再次发脾气
(The man seeing that the boy already had money ,started to get angry again)
小孩慢慢地算着钱,接着看着他的爸爸
(The little boy slowly counted out his money ,thn looked up at his father)
为什么你已经有了钱还需要更多?父亲生气地说
( Why do you want more money if you already have some?" the father grumbled.
因为我之前不够,但我现在已经够了,小孩回答
"Because I diden't have enough, but now I do. the little boy replied
爸,我现在有$20块了,我可以向你买一个小时时间吗?明天请你早点回家,我想和你一起吃晚餐
(daddy, I have $20 now can I buy an hour of your time ? please come home early tomorrow,I would like to have dinner with you."
这个故事与你所喜欢的人分享但更重要的是与你所爱的人分享这个价值20美金的时间。
Share this story with someone you like .........but even better shave $20 worth of time with someone you love.
日记分类
最近更新
- 04-23 女人25岁前不知道,2...
- 03-28 钉子
- 03-27 爱,永远禁不起等待...
- 03-27 错过的礼物
- 03-26 金庸小说招式的英译
- 03-25 经典小故事之扁鹊的...
- 03-21 价值$20美金的时间...
- 03-15 一针见血的名言
- 03-13 人生是一项自己做的...
- 03-10 这年头小偷真是太强...
最近评论
- (03-26) good~
- (03-21) 有点想哭
- (03-20) 我来顶 螺丝
- (03-20) 同意!有出息的人付给...
- (03-19) 对!做事时要不计报酬;...
- (01-25) 中国人的悲哀
- (01-24) 不是本人的故事,转来...
- (01-23) 是不是真的啊! 你應...
- (01-22) o(∩_∩)o...哈哈,好...
- (01-22) ········
评论
登录后你可以发表评论,请先登录。登录>>
苏剑(讲师)2008-03-21 18:23:30
有点想哭